Aberthau Mansion is a beautiful heritage Tudor-style mansion located at West 2nd Avenue and NW Marine Drive.
View the Floor Plan for Aberthau Mansion
*Low Season: January 1 to May 31and post Labour Day to December 31 | ** High Season June 1 to Labour Day
|Wedding, Social, Parties, etc.||Lounge, Dining Room, Oak Room and Kitchen||90-120 Sit down dinner|
|$1,115 Low Season*
$1,315 High Season*
|Private Functions e.g. Birthday Party, Recital, Memorial, etc.||Lounge, Dining Room and Kitchen||60-90||$128/hour|
|Private Functions e.g. Birthday Party, Recital, Memorial, etc.||Oak Room and Kitchen||60||$80/hour|
|Small Functions||Photos||Room||Capacity||Hourly Rate|
|Meeting, Seminars, etc.||Oak Room||60||$46|
|Equipment Available for use at Aberthau only||Quantity||Rate|
|Round Tables (60")||15||$10/table|
|White Resin Ceremony Chairs||90||$4/chair|
|Banquet Chairs (interior use only)||90||No cost|
|Rectangular Tables (30"x72")||18||No cost|
Aberthau Additional Important Information for events
Capacity limits strictly enforced as Cocktail Party and Dances required by the Fire Marshall This is a NON-SMOKING FACILITY. The surrounding grounds are available for all rental groups, but we cannot guarantee exclusive use of the grounds or their condition.
FEES AND CHARGES for staffing
Supervision: $25 per hour
The supervision fee is levied for the duration of the contracted rental period, including set-up and clean-up.
**One staff person is required from the beginning of the rental up until 4 hours prior to the end of the event. The last 4 hours requires 2 staff people.
A deposit of $400 is required to confirm the rental contract; $100 is non-refundable. The balance of the rental fee is payable at least 28 days prior to the event date. A $1,000 damage deposit will also be required when the final payment is made.
SOCAN and RE:SOUND Fees
SOCAN fees are required to be paid for playing live or pre-recorded music as specified under the Copyright Act of Canada.
$59.17 with dancing | $29.56 without dancing
Re:Sound collects and distributes royalties for artists and record companies worldwide as payment for the public use of their music in Canada.
$26.63 with dancing | $13.30 without dancing.
$50 – A separate damage deposit of $200.00 will also be required for the rental of the piano.
$30 – A separate damage deposit of $200.00 will also be required for the rental of the television.
West Point Grey Community Centre staff are responsible for the clean up the facility after the event. It is vital that the Rental Group removes all their decorations / personal items and vacate the facility within 60 minutes after all activities cease.
An appointment must be made in advance with our Rental Supervisor to view the Aberthau Mansion and to review the rental guidelines.
City of Vancouver By-Law requires functions to end by 11:00 PM on Saturdays and 10:00 PM on Sundays.
SET-UP AND CLEAN-UP
- The rental group is responsible for their event setup and the removal of all their decorations / personal items within 60 minutes after all activities cease.
- On Saturday, all activities cease at 11:00 PM and the rental group must remove their decorations / personal items and vacate the facility by 12:00AM midnight. On Sundays, all activities cease at 10:00 PM and the rental group must remove their decorations / personal items and vacate the facility by 11:00 PM.
- An hourly rate of $100.00 will be charged to the rental group if they have not vacated the facility and removed their decoration / personal items within 60 minutes after the end of the activities.
- During the Low Season, set-up can begin as early as 3:00 PM on Saturday and 10:00 AM on Sunday. During June, groups can start setting up at 12:30PM on Saturday and 10:00 AM on Sunday. For July and August, set-up can begin at 10:00 AM on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Candle use needs to be pre-approved when finalizing your rental contract. Candles are permitted for large rentals provided the renters agrees to pay for any damages or costs resulting from the use of open flame candles.
- Kitchen Use and Catering: Catering of functions is permitted (Aberthau does not offer catering services). Note that the kitchen facilities may only be used to warm foods (food preparation must be done beforehand). The service of food and beverages is only allowed in the Oak Room, Lounge, Dining Room, and the Foyer area.
Arrangements must be confirmed in advance with the Rental Coordinator for deliveries of rental equipment between 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM on the rental day. This time is specifically for the delivery of rental equipment only. It is not intended for groups to have entry to the premises to drop off their personal items / decorations or for setting up / decorating.
**All rental equipment must be picked up the day after the rental, between 8:00-9:30 AM**
We cannot assume responsibility for delivered rental equipment, mail, telegrams, messages, etc.
A valid Liquor License (obtainable from the BC Liquor Store website) must be obtained to serve alcohol. A “Serve It Right Certificate” is also required for rentals. No hard liquor or liqueurs are permitted. The license must be posted where the alcohol is to be served. No alcohol is permitted outside the facility.
Please respect our neighbours. Noise should be kept at a moderate level. The Sound Decibel Level in the surrounding neighbourhood is not to exceed 45 dB and will be monitored by the supervisor. Staff will ensure appropriate decibel readings by use of a Decibel Reader Device. Amplified music should be restricted to the dining room; acoustic groups may perform in any room.
Rental groups require adequate public liability and property damage insurance for their event at the West Point Grey Community Centre.
BOOKING AND CONTRACTS
Wedding and social rentals may be booked up to one year in advance however hourly rentals such as meetings, birthday parties and recitals can be booked up to a maximum of eight weeks in advance.
Rental contracts must be completed in person. We are unable to make reservations or confirm bookings over the phone. Appointments to tour the premises and to draft contracts may be made with our Rental Supervisor. Please call (604) 257-8140. Contract details required:
- Event date
- Nature of event
- Number of attendees
- Duration of rental
- Other notable items: set-up and clean-up time, person(s) in charge of the set-up/clean-up; rental delivery date, contact information for caterers and rental companies.
Upon confirmation of the rental contract, a deposit of $400 is required, with the balance of the rental fee payable 28 days prior to the event date.
RENTAL DEPOSIT REFUNDS
Refund of the rental deposit is prorated. With at least five months notification $300 is refundable, four months notification $250 refundable, three months notification $200 refundable. There is no refund with less than three months’ notice.